Wednesday, October 15, 2008

There and Back Again, A Froggie's Tale

There are so many allusions I could use to title this post "Froggie Went a Courtin'", "Return of the Frog", "He once was Lost, but now he's Found"... Then there's, "The Adventures of Frog" or "Travelin' with Froggie" that sound good, too, but regardless of the title, the simple announcement is that Frog is home! Turns out, he's been in White Pine all this time. A lady and her grandson found him on the street, presumably right after he was dropped considering I went back fairly quickly. She said she doesn't usually pick up things like that, but something just told her to. Her mom called her Tuesday morning and said, "Ya know that frog... He's in the newspaper!"
Ben still doesn't know he's back. I wanted to wash him to get the "street" off of him, but also because the nice lady that held onto him for us was a smoker, so Frog is kind of smelly. I've done surgery to remove his croaker and washed him once, but he needs another go. Good thing I found out he still smelled AFTER I sewed him back up! Anyway, we're just greatful he's home, regardless of what kind of treatments he needs. I can't wait to see how Ben reacts after not having seen his Frog for so long.
Below are some of Froggie's past travels. You could almost play "Where's Waldo" with him!

In May at Dylan's ball game.

In June, digging him out of the deep deep toy box.

In August, getting a haircut with Mommy. (You can really tell Ben needed one, right?)

In September, shopping for birthday party stuff.

More September, following the family reunion. Frog wasn't front, but he was literally center.

September again. Can you spot Frog? He was hiding so he didn't get blown away when we were riding.

4 comments:

JRG said...

That's great - I am glad Ben has his frog back. Put a cup of distilled white vinegar in the laundry just like you would bleach. That will kill that cigarette smoke smell. Hahaha - call me Martha Stewart I guess. I actually read that you can put a cup of white vinegar in any smelly laundry and it will get the odors out so I thought I would share - I am glad Frog si back. - Uncle B

JRG said...

That is awesome that you got Froggie back. I am not sure if my previous post posted so I am trying again. Add a cup of white vinegar just like you would bleach - that will get rid of the nasty smoke smell. read it online.

Uncle B

Mamaw Debbie said...

WELCOME HOME FROGGIE!!!! I am so glad you found your way back home!! Some folks are just super nice to take the time to help a froggie in distress, not to mention the precious little boy who loved him. Ben, I'm so glad you got your favorite toy back!! I was afraid he was gone for good, but we've always believed in miracles, right? I love you so much Mamaw's Baby Doll. I'll talk to you later Sweetie. XOXOXOXOXOXOX
Love, Mamaw Debbie

Abby's Mom said...

Welcome home, frog face! We are so glad you are back! We miss you and Ben (and that mommy of yours)!

Love you!