Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mmmm, Toasty!

Ben has been doing so well with cheerios (and the couple crackers from the other day) that I decided to see how he does with zwieback toast. I've been afraid to give it to him too early, but I figured if he doesn't do well, I'll just keep waiting. Well, turns out, he's a pro. He loved it! He had fun eating it and slinging it around (he and Daddy both got pretty messy). He didn't choke, or even act like he might. I'm so proud of him! Here are some funny faces from his new experience.


At first it just sat in his mouth because he wasn't sure what to do with it...

but when it started getting mushy and he realized it was to eat...

It quickly got to be a smaller...

and smaller piece.

It was fun to play with, too!

He went from a full sized piece of toast (about 3 inches long) to a little nub that he could barely hold on to in about 10 minutes. You'd have thought he was a seasoned veteran. One thing I never have to worry about (evidently) is if this boy is gonna eat enough. He's taken to everything I've given him pretty much immediately and never turned down a thing.

P.S. Notice the Vols cap is getting closer and closer to actually fitting. Right now it still covers his ears a bit and moves around on his head, but it won't be long until it's a good snug fit!

1 comments:

Lauren said...

he makes the absolute CUTEST faces!