Monday, February 25, 2008

Dinner Time!

Tonight we decided to start Ben on solid foods, although you'll see that they aren't quite solid, actually. He did so well. I've been worried that he may not be ready, but I'd say, especially for a first time out, that he did perfectly. There was a total of 5 tablespoons of food mixed up (way more milk than cereal, as they say to start it that way.) He took just over 3 of those, so more than half! He was so excited by the experience, and probably would have eaten it all if it wasn't such a slow, frustrating thing to eat with a spoon when you're hungry. When he was done eating and nursing and all, his little belly felt fuller than I've ever felt it. He was almost like a little puppy that gets a fat tummy after it eats. Anyway, needless to say, we're really proud of the little booger.

The video that follows is long; we got almost the whole feeding on tape. I don't ask that you watch it all, but I know a few would want to.



He kept eating after that, but Mike's legs were hurting from squatting and kneeling. Hope you all enjoy. I know Ben did.

2 comments:

Abby's Mom said...

Way to go, buddy! It only gets better from there! You did so great. We are so proud of you. Bon appetite!

Mamaw Debbie said...

Oh my gosh!! What a great job he does with a spoon!! It's hard to believe this is his first encounter with one. Of course I watched the whole video.....over and over and over! Is he not just the sweetest thing?! Enjoy your cereals little man. Before you know it you will be eating steaks!! I love you so much!! XOXOXOXOXOXOX