Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ben's Date with Mamaw Kerr

Ben and Mamaw Kerr 3-12-08

Ben had a big day today. It's been way too long since we got to see Mamaw Kerr, so we took her to lunch at Gondolier with Aunt Angie and Abby. Ben and Abby both had a big time. Although I don't have a picture of it, he sat in a big kid "restaurant-style" high chair all by himself today with no help at all, and Abby ate a breadstick which she smeared all over the table. Then we went to Rutledge to check on Nan-nan and Pop-pop's animals, but that's later.


Ben enjoyed Mamaw's company.

He got kisses...

He smiled for the camera...

He laughed with Mamaw...

...and he held her hand the whole time.
(Do you notice the striking resemblance to cousin Dylan in this picture?)

After we took Mamaw back home, Aunt Angie and Abby accompanied us to Rutledge. Nan-nan and Pop-pop had to go out of town, so we went to check on the kitties and Sadie, the dog.

Abby went to play on the deck while Ben got a diaper change...

Then the camera caught her eye.

She's too pretty...

Good times and no naps were had by all (well, unless you count falling asleep in the car). Remarkably, the babies were still in wonderful moods, and I took us all for a ride around the yard and shore in the golf cart. For more pictures of that, you'll have to see if Abby posted any on her blog, since I was driving and didn't have the camera.

3 comments:

Abby's Mom said...

Never fear, Momma! I shall send you pictures of the handsome Benjamin in his big boy highchair!!! He's awesome!

Mamaw Debbie said...

You don't know just how special this was for Mamaw Kerr! She had such a great time and could not believe just how much our Ben has grown!! She was thrilled to get the opportunity to see both of the babies. You know how precious Abby is to her and of course it goes without saying that Ben is just the cat's meow!! I am so glad that you posted these pictures. That will mean so much to her!! She was amazed at how good the babies were through the whole thing and how much Ben has grown. OK, now I want my turn!!! I will be on Spring Break next week and while I will work most of the time, I will be able to take a day for a lunch date with Ben and Abby, so I guess we had better start planning! I love you all!! Hugs and Kisses to my baby doll Ben! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

JRG said...

These are really good. Mamaw looks great and Ben is so cute. he takes after his uncle Bob.